Monday, March 27, 2017

Weekend Fun!

This weekend the weather was beautiful. We spent as much time outside as possible. Of course I had planned 2 indoor activities planned but I guess you can't spend ALL day outside!

Friday we spent the morning cleaning carpets. This always disgusts me and makes me happy at the same time. I took care of our master bedroom, the man room, and the rug in the living room. Although the rug looked clean IT WAS NOT! This ikea rug amazes me! After 3 years it still looks clean, even with 2 kids and a dog.


The girls enjoyed lunch outside and I decided to see how Lucy would do at the little picnic table vs. her high chair. She sat perfectly and ate her entire lunch. Both girls would eat a few bites, go play for a minute, then come back and eat more. Whatever it takes to get them to eat a good meal! I thought I could spend a few minutes cleaning up sticks and pinecones from the storm earlier in the week but forgot I had left Lucy's yogurt on the table. She enjoyed it with her hands. 





Friday Afternoon we played in the front on bikes and scooters. Molly was having so much fun I couldn't make her come inside so I could cook dinner so dinner got very delayed and we didn't eat until almost 7. We normally eat at 6 so by 7pm Lucy was climbing into her high chair begging for food.  She didn't care about snacks she just wanted dinner! 
Cheers to Happy Hour in the cul-de-sac!

Saturday Molly and I ran some errands while Lucy took her morning nap at home with Daddy. I worked in the yard a bit and then we got Molly dressed up to head to the movies. Her two grandma's that live in town joined us. We all loved the movie and I was amazed that Molly made it through the whole thing. She had to get up and dance like Belle a few times but other than that she sat nicely.


After the movie we all came back home for some homemade pulled pork BBQ, slaw, and banana pudding. Somehow we still had an appetite after eating our weight in popcorn at the movies!

On Sunday we spent the morning playing in the backyard and building with Lego's. Molly ate and early lunch and and took a little nap so we could head to a PJ Library passover pottery painting event in the early afternoon. I was really excited for this event but Molly really had no interest in painting. She isn't a huge fan of arts and crafts but I did manage to get her to paint a little bit. I can't wait to pick our piece up later this week and see how it turns out!


After the PJ Library event we ran over to Costco to get our membership. Costco opened a few months ago but we have been waiting for our Sam's Club membership to expire. I am so glad that we switched over but I fear for the bank account. Luckily I couldn't deal with the weekend crowds so we quickly grabbed a few things are scooted out of the store ASAP! 
I'll stick to weekday shopping from now on!

Hope you all had a great weekend! 





No comments:

Post a Comment