Thursday, March 16, 2017

Molly's 4th Birthday Party- Superhero Theme

Molly turned 4 yesterday... how time flies.

For the past few weeks I have been working on her party. I really wanted her to have a party with friends this year since we just did a small party with family last year. We thought an afterschool party at a park would be perfect for a mid March day. Well....the weather decided to get a little crazy and it was freezing outside. I went back and forth on canceling/ relocating/ postponing the party but decided we wouldn't let a little cold weather hold us back. The temperature during the party was around 40 degrees but the sun was out. It felt fine in the sun but it was pretty cold in the shade. The kids kept warm running around and eating pizza and the parents kept warm with coffee!

Before Molly's party I went to her preschool to celebrate her birthday at snack time. Not all of her classmates were able to attend her party so I wanted to make sure to celebrate at school too! I love that her teacher snapped a picture of the two of us, the only picture of me from the whole day.
Her cute spiderman pillowcase dress was a birthday present from her Nana. 


After school we headed over to the park for pizza, playtime, and cupcakes. 

Her invitations were adorable. I purchased them on etsy and was able to download, edit, and print them myself. I did have a little trouble finding a place to print them. Office Depot/ Staples/ Kinko's couldn't because of the superhero logos. 

With the weather being so cold I really wanted to keep things short and sweet.

Table clothes from Target
Banner and Pom Pom's were DIY

more DIY Pom Poms


After playing at the park I did a quick reset of the table. 

I used the characters from her invitations as cupcake toppers and just ordered plain cupcakes.

The treat bags contained a superhero Pez dispenser, some extra Pez candy, and superhero stickers. Molly really enjoyed stuffing the bags. 




Lucy loved being with the big kids!



Getting a little help!


Superhero identity crisis!



Molly was so excited that both of her teachers came! 

We let her open some presents later in the day at home. I am going to take her to see Beauty and the Beast this weekend so I figured a Belle dress was a must! 



Such a FUN day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment