Friday, March 17, 2017

Five on Friday

This has been a long and exhausting week. I would say I am glad that the weekend is here but Daddy is out of town until Monday night and Nana is too. 😂   Molly has been up coughing at night so I have not gotten a solid nights sleep all week. Last night I finally pulled out our second humidifier (Lucy uses the other one non stop) so hopefully that will help!

One-
As I mentioned on Monday, I got a roomba for my birthday. We have been using it daily and I love it. I did vacuum the two carpeted areas (master and library) before starting to use it otherwise it would have been full in 3 minutes. Molly has even learned how to turn it on so before we head out the door for school she starts it up! I have pulled out the chairs from the kitchen table a bit to make sure it can clean well under there. I haven't programmed it to run on a schedule just yet. Now I just need to remember to empty it each night. It is so nice to not see dog hair all over the floor or to have to swiffer everyday.


Two-
The playroom walls got a little makeover this week. We took down the Jake and the Neverland Pirates decals a few weeks ago and replaced them with Marvel superhero's. I tried to convince Molly to get princess stickers or even girl superhero's but these were her #1 choice. Not my decor of choice but it's just a playroom!


Three-
Yesterday I ordered 250 new hangers on amazon. We had our closet redone a few months ago and it just didn't look finished with all sorts of different hangers. It will be interesting to see if they really save space. Our closet isn't big to begin with so any extra space we can make is helpful!




Four-
This week Lucy has really started to act more like a toddler than a baby. She has figured out how to climb onto the sofa and onto our bed (by way of the ottoman at the foot), she started making a few animal noises (cow, dog, pig, and of course ducky), she is following directions and learning to put things away, and she has learned to take her shoes off when she comes in the house. She walks in the house and sits next to the shoe basket and fusses until someone comes to help her with her shoes and then she put them in the basket. It amazes me how quickly children catch on to things.



Five-
This week I ran out of a lot of my makeup and grabbed a few new things at Target. I had a coupon for Revlon face makeup and I decided to give these a try. I have used Mac foundation and concealer for probably the past 10 years so I was hesitant to switch. I love both products. I found a great website for matching foundation colors too! With two kids in tow I don't have time to be testing colors in the makeup aisle of Target! 



No comments:

Post a Comment