Friday, March 10, 2017

Five On Friday

One-
Last weekend my sister and her family were in town. We took the big girls to the marionette theater to see "The Wizard of Oz". The play was adorable and the girls sat mostly still for the whole show. We love going to the marionette theater. The tickets are only $5 and the shows are so adorable, each with a little twist on the original version. The shows are 45 minutes to an hour, the perfect length for the young crowd.
These two love each other so much! 

Two-
Everything is starting to bloom in our yard. The elephant ears are popping up, the butterfly bushes are getting green, and the knockout roses are starting to bloom. Last year my goal was to work on creating a yard that was all perennials, something I could just prune and fertilize and not have to replant yearly. I love my knockout roses and bought 4 more this week to plant in the backyard. I was driving by Lowe's (on the way to the grocery store) and saw a few clearance racks of flowers and couldn't not go look. I grabbed 4 one gallon single knockout red roses for $5 each, regularly $15. A little good soil, water, and fertilizer always does the trick on the clearance flowers. 


Three-
Does anyone else make their little girl wear bike shorts under their dresses? I am not a ultra conservative person but I just feel better having Molly wear shorts under all of her dresses. She is pretty tall so dresses tend to be on the shorter side so the shorts just make sense. Her 3t shorts are getting pretty small and I hadn't been able to find any shorts in store that would fit. I ordered some for her from Old Navy yesterday that will hopefully be nice and fit well. I ordered her a 5t so hopefully she can wear them through next year. 

Four-
Yesterday Dan got into a car accident on is way to work. Someone pulled out of a gas station right into his passengers side. He was fine and took the rest of the day off to just relax. Every panel on the passenger side of his car needs to be replaced. It looks like Wolverine attacked his car. He was hit by a box truck that somehow ripped holes all over the car. Neither of the doors will open and the windows wont function either. I am glad he was safe and unharmed...cars can be fixed!

Five-
Molly has had a pretty bad cough this week. I kept her home from school on Wednesday but she seemed better yesterday so I went ahead and sent her. Last night we sat down for dinner and she started crying that her ear hurt. She's NEVER made this complaint before so I grabbed the phone to see if I could get her an after hours appointment that night. They had a 7:30pm appointment available so we quickly ate, had a quick bath, put Lucy to bed and rushed Molly to the doctor. She did have an ear infection, only her 2nd ever. We grabbed her antibiotics from CVS and she was home and in bed at 8:30. SOOOOOOO thankful for after hours appointments. They had them through the winter but extended them a few weeks due to the flu outbreak going on recently. 

Yesterday was a long day! Here's to a much better weekend! 🍻





No comments:

Post a Comment